At Appendee we take privacy very seriously. We’ll help you to protect your personal data. If you agree to our terms this means:
- you create a personal account in the Appendee database
- this personal account empowers you to make use of all the enabled features in the app, which include:
- in some cases, the organiser can choose to restrict the event for invited users only. You can only access those events if you create an account.
- add relevant information for other participants to your personal profile (like your jobtitle or professional expertise)
- receive system e-mail messages (for example with a login link)
- mark sessions as favourite in order to create a personal schedule
- interact with other attendees
- receive push messages from the event organiser
- participate in polls
Specific privacy related
- we have a processing agreement with your events organiser
- we will never share your personal data with third parties
- be aware that the information you enter in Appendee (except your e-mail address) is largely public to your fellow participants and the organiser.
- for operational purposes (i.e. room planning, etc.), the organiser can download an Excel file with an overview of the bookmarked sessions from the attendees of his/her event. This Excel thus can contain your name and e-mail address
- we implement a magic link for seamless login. To not clutter that user experience, we ask for your opt-in after we’ve asked for your e-mailaddress. You’re able to remove your e-mail address before opt-in if you decide not to continue with the account creation process.
- direct messages you send to fellow participants are only visible to the individual recipient
- messages you post on the Bulletinboard are visible to all participants. Be considerate over your postings.
- you can choose to delete or change information you’ve entered
- you can choose to opt-out from the attendee list at any point
- you can delete your profile with all your provided content at any time
- statistical data collected (if any, but for example poll results or usage statistics) for the organiser of the event, will always be anonymised